Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

CUT THE CRAP

 

Sometimes you have to make changes in order to feel good again. Because I think sometimes we, mostly young females, let ourselves get too influenced by what males or the media think is good for us, what we should look like, how we should be….

And I think that makes everyone somewhat pretentious. That’s why I decided to get rid off some of the stuff that makes me feel self-conscious or bad or whatever. You catch my drift?

Ok.

1. Last Wednesday I went to the hairdresser to get my hair cut. Not the normal get-rid-off-the-split-ends-cut, but I literally got half of my hair cut off. (My hair went down to the middle of my back now it barely touches my shoulders). People often think of long hair as very sexy or cute, I thought the same for quite a long time, but I got kind of bored and decided I needed a change, so off it was. And there is this boost of confidence that comes with having short hair (at least for me), I know that getting short hair can end horribly wrong, but it’s just hair. It’ll grow again and for the worst cases there’ll always be extensions.

2. In one of my cleaning antics I threw out all of my magazines. Not everyone, but issues like COSMOPOLITAN that always tells you what and how to be etc. and I think getting rid of direct body shaming influence works quite well for me. On one page they say that curves are the new trend and everything else is out. And on the next page they announce the same thing for skinny girls. But they always manage to make a lot of people feel bad about themselves. Why can’t we just accept that everybody looks different and that there’s nothing wrong about that?

IMGP4011

into the bin with you lot

IMGP4015

3. Tell people to shut the f*** up. If they don’t accept you for who you are, if they are mean to you or always try to change you are NOT your friends, no matter what tehy tell you. If they make you feel down, leave them.

4. Be yourself. You are amazing.

 

I seriously want to know what you do to make yourself feel good.

xx

Lina

1 comment:

  1. Haha I have a lot of magazines too. I've always been telling myself to throw them away since they occupy about half of my bookshelf lol but I just can't seem to get myself to do so!

    Thank you for this post. Loved it! I really needed this :) I'll give your blog a follow.

    xx
    - Ella
    http://dailydoseofella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi peeps,
comment and tell me your story. I've always been very curious.
xx