Pages

Sunday 30 June 2013

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR LIKE…EVER

img001

Hi there,
here I am again.

Yesterday was finally the day that we received our A-Level report cards. That means I’ll never have to go to my old school again. Yay.
But before our official graduation ceremony yesterday we had an unofficial last day at school (which was a few weeks ago on the third of June).

Having a last day is kind of a tradition at our school. The 12th graders plan a day full of chaos and confusion for the teachers and the younger students. We got up at 4 a.m. filled 1000 balloons, taped chairs and desks in the classrooms together to keep them in huge piles on the floor, drew stuff on every blackboard and hung up posters of Justin Bieber, One Direction, The Wanted… in every toilet in the whole school. When the first students arrived and every piece of artwork in the building was covered in Disney posters we were prepared.
The students were greeted with a warm welcome of SuperSoakers and finger paint. After the lessons started and the teachers desperatly tried to untie the chairs and the desks, we went into every classroom and generally annoyed as many teachers and disrupted as many classes as possible.

As school normally is extremely strict and organized this is the only day of the year that we are allowed to make a little bit of a mess.

But despite all of the mess we made and the fun we had this day felt incredibly unreal for me. I’ve been going to this school for the past 5, 6.. no 7 years and even though I didn’t like school that much I am sure going to miss learning something new and the routine of a normal school day. Nevertheless I am going to start university in September and there’ll surely be a new routine quite fast.

See you later (a.k.a. tomorrow),

xx

Lina

P.S.: I’m sorry that I have been away from blogging for so long, but June was a friggin’ busy month. There were thousands of 18th birthdays of friends. I had to work. And most of all I had to make/layout/design the whole f****** yearbook this time. Alone. And it nearly drove me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi peeps,
comment and tell me your story. I've always been very curious.
xx